We live in a time where home security systems are something that is visible in every other house. More people are becoming aware about the need to install home systems. This type of system tends to be electronic systems with a wide range of electronic components. Some of the common systems include CCTV systems, alarm systems, access restriction systems, etc.
However, there are still a few homeowners who are hesitant to install such systems. Some of them are under the impression that these systems can easily be outsmarted by sophisticated thieves, while others prefer having security guard services, a combination of both types of systems. This article lists several myths regarding home security systems that homeowners should be aware of.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
- Any type of home can be secured with an electronic security system irrespective of the number of doors or windows.
- CCTV surveillance systems will usually secure both entry and exit of the premises.
- A control panel system is usually used to control all components of a system and also set the alarms and timers.
- Motion detectors are present to alert the system for recording; alternatively it can be set to record all the time. This type of detectors can also be used to alert security guards.
- 38% of houses in the USA own a home security product.
- 18.2% of houses own a video camera doorbell.
- 16.2% trust security firms to monitor their electronic home security.
- 6.8% have smart locks installed at their houses.
Common Myths of Home Security Systems
- Only professionals can install: These systems are highly complex. However, there are also simple systems available that can be installed by oneself. Such systems might consist of several cameras with the need to connect the network and simple install at strategic locations. However, for the smarter systems, it is advisable to seek help from the professionals to install to ensure high security at your home.
- Security systems are not highly effective: It is not uncommon for homeowners to believe the presence of electronic security will act as a deterrent to only petty thieves and not work on the more ambitious ones. However, this is not the case. Homeowners who hire professional security firms to install their systems in a fool proof manner are able to secure their homes from most threats.
- Police might not respond in time: Security systems in place are meant to alert the police in case of a theft. Some homeowners are under the impression that these systems are not effective and the police will not arrive in time. However, homeowners have the option of installing these systems by consulting the professionals. These professional securities have the expertise to install top-notch security systems and also provide additional services to secure your premises. This can include security guards or a security person on standby to respond to alarms or break-ins.
- Security systems can be installed only in new homes: Security systems can be installed in all types of houses, new and old. The best way to approach this is to consult a professional security firm who will have the knowledge of the correct strategy and type of device to install.
Citiguard is one of the most trustworthy security service providers in California. They have been providing this service for over 50 years and offer their services in several cities like Orange, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and many more. You can contact us for your security needs, we offer a wide range of services like on site security, executive protection, training, special events electronic security, alarms, security patrol services and more.