A good management team is key to the smooth running of just about any type of hotel that is likely to have some level of security. However, luxury hotels should ideally opt for commercial security services and take extra precautions to keep their guests safe. A high level of security is vital in the hotels frequently visited by high-profile politicians, celebrities, and business executives. Hotels are very popular with over 1 billion guests using them every year. This article provides a few tips on how one can increase the level of security.
Top 10 Tips for Hotel Security
- Update the locks: Technology updates are constant this includes the locks as well. Upgrade your locks to a more modern and secure system to beef up the security at your hotel.
- Assess security regularly: Continuous improvement is the key to maintaining a high level of security. This is possible by constantly assessing the level of security and taking appropriate steps to address the issues.
- Monitor employees: The biggest threat is the internal one. This can be avoided by performing comprehensive background checks prior to hiring. It is also vital to assess your workforce regularly to prevent crimes from occurring.
- Be prepared for cyber-attacks: Cyber-attacks can lead to release of private information of the customers as well as financial loss and more.
- Opt for professional security: Find a good professional security firm one with a good reputation and has experience in providing high-level security to hotels.
- Well-guarded entry & exit points: All the entry and exit points of the hotel should be monitored with the help of a foolproof CCTV surveillance system. It is a good practice to also opt for a strong security guard presence besides the CCTV cameras and install access restrictions where it is feasible.
- Hotel surveillance: Irrespective of the size of the hotel premises it is vital to set up a security patrol. This can be an unarmed or armed guard patrol or a vehicle patrol. The other sessions that require a strong security presence include the hallways, stairwells, lobbies, refreshment zones, and parking lot.
- Establish a strong visible presence: Security is important, but it is equally important for it to be visible to the people as well as the guest. This will ensure the guests feel safe and help deter a high percentage of criminals.
- Fire prevention measures: A good security firm will also offer a fire watch service. The last thing any hotel needs is a fire destroying their hotel and loss of life. Opting for fire watch service means having skilled professionals actively keeping a lookout for threats as well as health and safety issues. They have a trained eye to spot issues and take the necessary precautions.
- Regular training or drills: Select a firm that provides security training services to all the hotel staff. This is a necessary precaution to keep everyone safe.
Citiguard is one of the leading security firms with over 50 years of experience. We provide a wide range of security services including fire watch service, training, patrol service, and security guards in California. You can trust us for the security of your hotel; some of the major fortune 500 companies do as do several large residential establishments.