Hiring a security firm for a construction site might seem unnecessary, especially since the place is yet to be built. There are also those who simply hire a local guard as a visual deterrent rather than someone that keeps the place safe. Some of the challenges faced at construction sites once they begin the job of building the site include having to provide decent security to the people. Expensive construction equipment and dealing with vandals is also something that is quite common where there is a lack of security.
Professional security companies offer a wide range of services like campus security, hotels, motels, parking, shopping center, and construction site security as well. This article provides essential advice for securing a construction site.
Benefits of Security At a Construction Site
A professional security company will have the expertise to secure a construction site, thus successfully preventing vandals and thieves from targeting the site.
- Securing a construction site is challenging since there are several unique elements to it. One of the main issues is that this is a very busy place with many sets of workers working on different sections of the site simultaneously. Untrained security guards and cannot spot a person blending in amongst the crowd.
- They can help prevent vandals from entering the site and also ensure they think twice before considering devising a plan to steal expensive equipment or material from the site.
- With a high presence of security in the form of many types of guards and electronic security equipment, it is possible to spot the thieves who attempt to breach your perimeter and inspire the presence of security.
- Construction companies can save big by preventing the theft of their costly equipment and material.
- They have the expertise to keep track of everyone working on the site and log the movement when necessary. Besides which, they also have the resources to secure many different types of sites, places, and locations no matter the size of the construction site.
- Keeping the place safe and secure ensures the workers and planners do not get demotivated. Loss of equipment, damage, or injury due to a breach of security can affect the entire project and take it off track.
- Major security firms tend to provide a wide range of services like entry gates, visitor logs, vehicle and foot patrol, golf cart security, electronic security like CCTV, and much more.
- It ensures peace of mind allowing the workers to focus on their tasks at hand and help maintain the quality of work.
Tips for Construction Site Security
Security at a construction site is different from organizing security at an office or business park. This is all about securing a building that is under construction with expensive construction equipment & tools. It is also about preventing vandals and unauthorized people from entering the premises which not only endanger themselves but also put others at risk.
Some of the common issues at a construction site include the theft of vital tools which might not be stored in a secure location. Vandalizing of the property, damage to the heavy equipment, and loss of valuable tools and expensive equipment are some of the other issues. Loss of products, lower rating with the insured, and safety companies are some of the other big problems. Here are a few tips on how to secure your site:
- It is crucial to secure the perimeter. This can be done with the help of security guards, organizing security patrols or building a perimeter fence. Placing appropriate signs and using electronic security like CCTV, access restrictions, and alarms can also help improve security.
- An alarm system can help reduce the number of security officers you require and increase the level of security.
- Keeping the site of construction well-light can also lower the risk.
- Hiring security guards with appropriate experience and skills can work out beneficial.
- Installing video surveillance in strategic places and using electronic surety tools wisely is the key to securing the premises. On-site security offices like armed & unarmed security personnel will ensure a safe & secure construction site.
- Training the on-site workers and all concerned regarding the safety and security issues in advance can be good preventive measure.
- Place smart signs throughout the site to avoid leaving it to guess when there is an emergency.
What is a Good Construction Site Security Service?
Educate the workers about the potential issues and train them to take appropriate measures. IT is also vital they report the slightest anomaly. This includes issues like theft of property, vandalism, etc. Citiguard is one of the best security guard service providers with over 50 years of experience. The security guards at Citiguard are highly trained, offering a wide range of services specially designed for a construction site. This includes tasks like entrance guards, visitor logs, patrolling, and much more. We also have extensive training and experience in first aid and handling fires. Contact us to secure your construction site; several Fortune 500 companies do, as do several large residential firms.