In today’s world, the security guards are the first line of interaction be it any public or private firm or can be said as eyes and ears on the ground. Everybody and everything relies on the security guards only to protect them and their assets.
When this has become such a major part of life then nobody can rely on public services for the same because of their slow and sluggish working pattern and nobody would like to risk their lives. So, people are keener on hiring Private security guards over the government security agencies.
The terrorist attacks like World Trade Centre on 9/11 in New York have made us realize that quality security services cannot just prevent t but also take immediate safety action against the incident.
Private Security guards California is well trained by the agencies as per the prescribed protocol so that they not just know how to prevent the happening of an accident or attack, but should also know how to act when accident has already happened, how to rescue people etc.
Role of security guards to prevent the attack:
1)The Commercial security services provider should conduct regular training of the security guards:
-Law enforcement agencies should liaison up with the security agencies to conduct the training sessions to make them aware about their legal rights and power in course of their service.
-Training materials should include the topic like studying the suspicious behavior related to terrorism activities through security patrol, how to tackle it and where to report it.
-The State regulators should keep an eye on the training that they are being conducted as per the licensed guarding sector.
-They are trained thoroughly on the basics like strong observation, how to handle critical situations, supervisory, etc. For example, if they see someone doing photography they should sense if it is being done to check out the place closely to plan for an attack or if they see somebody placing packages at some unusual place.
2)The well-trained security officers should be given additional powers to make them fit to combat and contribute to counter-terrorism.
3)The private security guarding sector should be made part of the national and state forums which consider counter-terrorism. This will help them to predict and develop additional counter-terrorism awareness.
4)Training with the arms and equipment is very important. The guards should know how to handle X-Ray detectors, control a squad of dogs, or handling the latest surveillance techniques like cameras and sensors to make the best use of them.
Role of security guards in case of attack:
1) Construction security is the first line of defense that takes the initiative to rescue the people from the place where the accident took place and help them with required things.
2) They stand against the terrorists until the backup of police arrives at the place and the armed officers also do suppressive fir against them to prevent the people there.
3) As they have been working at the place for a long, so they are well versed with the different pathways, and the number of entry and exit points, the hiding place, etc., thus, they can explain the location of the hostile and hostages.
4) As they are familiar with the place, so they have an advantage over the terrorists to hide and attack them, to get hold of them from the back.
5) They are also aware of the security equipment installed at a place, about their passcodes and keywords through which these are accessible and becomes very handy in such panic situations.
6) The security guards keep an eagle eye on every corner of the place and check if mistrustful behavior is not happening anywhere.
The above points state that the security guards play an important role to combat terrorism if they are trained properly and are provided with the required arms and types of equipment.