What do security patrol services do?
A money saving solution to let you have consistent security presence without the need of a dedicated security guard, security patrol services are an alternative to dedicated security guards.
Security patrols use a distributed method of security, clubbing together multiple areas that have similar security needs, and assigning them to a single guard, or set thereof.
With a security patrol, each client gets a number of visits, predetermined according to the length of their contract. The security patrol then visits the locations that many times throughout the day.
How does that arrangement work?
Typically, this starts with a security patrol service company beginning services in an area. They canvass the locations around the area, and then begin the work of creating routes.
Mapping the area, they develop multiple circuits, usually along popular roads or areas with high population density and multiple residential areas.
Guards are then assigned to these routes, along with vehicles to facilitate transport.
Finally, clients are onboarded along these routes, which enables the security company to distribute the cost of services to multiple clients, bringing down the average cost per customer.
What duties do these guards perform?
Security patrol inspections consist of a number of essential security tasks. On each visit, the guard will typically
- Perform a thorough exterior inspection of the property, making sure to look for signs of vandalism, forced entry, or unauthorized access.
- Get down from their vehicle and perform interior inspections of areas, for a more in-depth check
- Lock or Unlock premises depending on opening and closing hours
- Check the safety and security of lone workers in night shifts
- Take care of any security issues by taking the appropriate action
- Document the whole process.
These duties add up to create a c=security routine that is easily definable, repeatable, and a standard operating procedure. This ensures compliance, and standardizes performance, keeping quality consistent and keeping the site secure.
What specialty services can security patrol provide?
In addition to their normal duties, security patrol services can be customized for a range of extra operations, for different situations. Take a look at some examples below.
- ATM integrity Checks: In the times of card skimmers and ATM hacking, Security patrol guards are often assigned to patrol multiple ATM locations a day, ensuring that they have not been tampered with
- Temperature Checks: Post the coronavirus pandemic, temperature checks have become an important part of the security process
- Equipment Checks: For larger areas, checking up surveillance equipment like cameras, motion sensors, or electric fences is important to maintain continuous security.
This is just a small example of the many ways in which security patrols can assist in security needs.
What areas are they useful in?
Simply put, security patrol is the minimum possible standard of security that should be required in pretty much any location. Retail establishments, residential areas, and other institutions alike can benefit from the increased peace of mind and security that accompanies the services of a security patrol.