Integrity is one of the most essential qualities that professional security guards possess. It is basically an inner guideline that guides them about the manner in which they have to react positively to the outer world. Also,a security guard who retains the value of integrity within himself while on duty is respectful, honest, reliable and principled because integrity means completeness in itself. A security guard with integrity has a totally developed moral character as he is a person without gaps, isn’t prone to dishonesty, lying, cheating, stealing, and other moral defects. This is essential mainly in cyber-security, as in cyber-security a lack of integrity by an employee or a department may result in a huge security breach.
There are several attributes to integrity such as truthfulness, responsibility, accountability, loyalty, self-awareness, assertiveness, ability to communicate (i.e. talk and listen), empathy, networking, organization, task focus, reliability, and attention to detail.
Data integrity is like maintaining and making sure the accuracy and fullness of data in Information security all over its lifecycle which means that data could not be altered in an unofficial or undetected way. Controls (like documented processes) and assistances (like firewalls) should be implemented as one of the above security types, or controls for the purposes of data security.
Five main qualities you need to have if you want to become a professional Security Guard in San Diego, California and they are:
1. Honesty & Integrity – These are the essential qualities of the security guards in San Diego and they are expected to maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity while performing all of their duties and while dealing with not only the client but also with the general public wherever applicable. Integrity is not just personal but maintaining complete record and documentation on duty, whether it’s about tracking what is happening on shift and providing a service with complete integrity as well as transparency.
2. Preparedness – Being well-equipped to handle any situation properly that is coming your way is a quality possessed by a successful security guard as the job could sometimes put you in a situation that is not ordinary and diverse.So being a security guard you are prepared adequately to manage the situation. Also, being prepared means being well-trained and experienced with the ability to think out of the box and react on your own.
3. Rational Thinking – A successful security guard should be able to make good and rational judgment calls in a rarely difficult situation as this skill could reflect your qualities of being a good security officer. IT is easy to make mistakes when you are an ordinary person but it’s a security guard who should make rational decisions and carefully make decisions thus reducing the risk of taking bad or rash decisions when they are under pressure and they should maintain their calm.
4. Keen Senses And Quick Reflexes- A security guard is not just your ordinary security officer. They are well-trained in the law enforcement areas as well where they have quick reflexes as well as keen senses. Possessing these qualities can be an additional point for any aspiring candidate who is willing to be a successful security officer.Maintaining good physical health and fitness should also be essential to keep those senses and reflexes up to sharp.
5. Teamwork and Leadership skills- This is important for most sectors of work and just like law enforcement, the security service sector is all about team work as well as leadership skills. Security guards of any rank or position should possess the capability to work in a team and lead it. Good leadership & teamwork is required during an emergency or crisis situation and to effectively manage day-to-day operations as well. Leadership skills could apply as well to guide members of the public/ staff on-site to operate in an effective and safe manner whenever needed.
Eventually, integrity and security go hand-in-hand as building a culture that appreciates honesty and integrity would lead to tougher security in your company. Outlining moral principles to security guards, and ensuring that the security guards possess all the necessary skills and qualities would create a happier and more engaged as well as a better performing workforce.